Communications Handbook vs Style Guide (with corrections)

Subject: Communications Handbook vs Style Guide (with corrections)
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 23:34:47 -0400 (EDT)

FOrgiive me, put I sent the last post with a bunch of errors. This is the corrected one.

I have an ongoing dilemma. There is a person in our "group" who is a clerk by title but is the "expert" in documentation here (yes, it is a strange place)and she is a bit "snippy" and hard to deal with because she doesn't believe she gets the "respect" she thinks she deserves. That's a whole other story I guess, anyway, this company has what they call a "Communications Handbook" with guidelines on punctuation, spelling, etc.. I found a "Society of Petroleum Engineers" Style Guide recently and suggested maybe we could use it as a helpful guide as well. I was told in no uncertain terms this company "already has a guide for styles." Well, excuse me...<br>So, I am wondering if there IS a difference between a style guide and a communications handbook, or are they the same animal? Any good thoughts on this?

Tom Green

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - http://www.iwon.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com