RE: Certification program??????????

Subject: RE: Certification program??????????
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:40:32 -0400

Ted,

Relax. Those of us who are discussing the idea of certification (on a separate list that you are welcome to join) have no intention of developing something of such limited utility as what you are envisioning.

I've been arguing on that list that the word certification is problematic, mostly because people react to it the way you did. However, the X that we are discussing is something experienced practioners earn over time, not an admission ticket to enter the field. We are not trying to stop people from becoming tech writers; we are talking about a way to recognize those who have attained a level of mastery and can therefore be relied on to tackle large, complex assignments that involve diverse skills.

Dick

From: "Finch, D Ted" <dtfinch -at- sandia -dot- gov>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:31:30 -0600

>I don't see the benefit. A certification is only a piece of paper that says
>you passed a test. Anyone can do that. Look at the Microsoft MCSE.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com