OT: certification

Subject: OT: certification
From: "bryan johnson" <bryan -dot- johnson -at- motoman -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:17:18 -0400

Haven't I seen this before...

J: Is this the right room for the certification discussion?
A: I've told you once.
J: No you haven't!
A: Yes I have.
J: When?
A: Just now.
J: No you didn't!
A: Yes I did!
J: You didn't!
A: I did!
J: You didn't!
A: I'm telling you, I did!
J: Oh look, this isn't a discussion on certification!
A: Yes it is!
J: No it isn't!
J: A certification discussion isn't about evoking emotional responses.
A: Well! it CAN be!
J: No it can't!
A discussion is a connected series of statement intended to
establish a proposition.
A: No it isn't!
J: Yes it is! 'tisn't just contradiction.
A: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary
position!
J: Yes but it isn't just saying "no it isn't".
A: Yes it is!
J: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process.
Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the
other person says.
A: It is NOT!
J: It is!
A: Not at all!
J: It is!

Ding! Thank you, that's it. If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for
another five minutes.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com