Re: "trainer's notes" in ms word?

Subject: Re: "trainer's notes" in ms word?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:00:23 -0400

Brian,

Our training docs have a template that provides a "student notes" section on almost every page. It's generally about a half-page in height, under a screen shot. This is where the hidden instructor notes reside. You can go with a smaller font for the instructor notes (consistently throughout), if that will help with the space problem. And in extreme cases, you can provide an additional page of "student notes" space (blank) to accommodate the lengthy instructor notes. But in general I agree that they should not be that long.

Dick

"Brian Das" <brian_das -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm writing a series of training workbooks in MS Word, and I've stumbled
>across a problem.
>
>I need to include "trainer's notes" in the workbook -- essentially, chunks
>of content throughout the document that can be revealed when printing for a
>trainer, and hidden when printing for a learner. Here's the kicker -- the
>page numbering needs to be the same in both versions.
>
>Using hidden fonts or footnotes affects page numbering. I've tried comments,
>but (believe it or not) some of the trainer's notes are so ridiculously long
>that the comments are longer than a page, and the end of the comment gets
>truncated.
>
>I've been arguing that we need to rethink the content (trainer's notes
>*that* long reflect a poor information design, I think!). But I might lose
>that argument, so I need a solution. Can anyone recommend one?

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com