RE: Drafts Back in Time

Subject: RE: Drafts Back in Time
From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:46:57 -0500

Amber Young wrote:
~>
~> And to answer some of your responses, I have a great
~> relationship with nearly all of my reviewers. I am
~> very friendly and have an informal, humorous attitude
~> with them, which I think actually contributes to the
~> delay. Maybe they think, "Oh, it's only Amber. She
~> won't mind if I hold off on this for a bit." The
~> person I get documents back fastest from is a woman
~> who absolutely hates me (and everyone else... HRTs
~> honey... lol)!

I think there's something to that. I am not very friendly with my reviewers.
I'm here to do a job, not make friends. If I have a question, I ask (if they
have time, and if so, the question) and leave. If I've given something out
for review and haven't heard back in a reasonable amount of time, I nag.
Obviously if someone is truly slammed, I respect that and find ways to get
my questions answered being a bother. I try not to waste anyone's time and I
expect the same. So far, most everyone seems ok with that. Where I have a
hard time is getting stuff reviewed by higher management, but I just work
around them. If they don't like what I've done and haven't reviewed it, they
can deal with it or fire me. I don't really care, but I won't nag them.

Mean and grumpy Willow

What does HRT stand for?

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com