RE: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Subject: RE: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:10:11 -0400

Are you familiar/practiced with Linux?
If not, and since you are making a good living, buy a laptop/desktop.
Install Linux (SuSE 8.2 is loooookeeeng GOOD) and immerse yourself
for a while. Getting your technical hands dirty will be especially
easy if the installer is unable to recognize some of your hardware...
which happens when it's really new stuff, or really obscure stuff.

A couple of people have written third-party books for OpenOffice,
so that niche is kinda crowded, but there are so many programs
and projects where just a look at the online help or the attached
documentation will present you with an opportunity to improve what
they've got. There are FAQs that need updating, Wiki pages that
could use a technical boost, etc.

Just a thought.

/kevin

applications, including Net.