Re: Set up to Fail

Subject: Re: Set up to Fail
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:14:05 -0600

Acting upon advice given in this thread, I read "A Message to Garcia" for the first time. Rarely (outside of George Will's columns) have I read such a weep-for-the-rich piece of claptrap.

I know it isn't easy to manage a group of employees with varying levels of motivation and skill -- I've done it, and so have many of you. But Hubbard's self-pitying piece will teach us nothing about being better employees *or* managers.

And by the way, Rowan's *own* account of the mission differs greatly from Hubbard's. Rowan was no lone wolf, but rather the spearpoint of a well-trained and carefully coordinated team. Rowan has plenty to teach -- about teamwork.

Dan Goldstein

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com