Re: letting people know you're busy

Subject: Re: letting people know you're busy
From: Vickie Camgros <vcamgros -at- persistence -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:56:39 -0700

At 8:15 AM -0700 5/30/03, Goober Writer wrote:

I think every company should do one or both of the
following:

Allow employees to set aside a 2-hour block of
uninterruptable time in their calendar every day (just
block it out completely). That time block should be
coordinated with your department heads and project
leads so there *is* ample time during the day when
everyone on the team is in "available" mode.

Give all employees a sign to hang on their door/cube
wall/monitor during these "do not disturb" hours that
says "Do not disturb until [hour your "busy" time is
up]".

I have an inflatable little guy from Munch's "The Scream". A fairly scary personage. When he's in the doorway to my cube, most folks leave me alone and send email.

The ones that don't really need my help, so that's fine.

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com