Re: House-husbands

Subject: Re: House-husbands
From: Fred Sampson <wfreds -at- cruzio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:43:16 -0700

Hey, another father of twins!

I don't think of myself as a house-husband, but my situation is much like David's: telecommute four days a week, help out when needed with the kids. It was a struggle at first to convince them that I'm working, and that means I can't be called upon at any time for every little thing--but if one of the kids is screaming, of course I'll respond.

There's a Dilbert about this: he says that just because he's working at home doesn't mean he's on call for little things like killing a spider, which is not an emergency--and suddenly the house is filled with huge spiders.

-Fred

At 08:03 AM 5/30/2003 -0700, David Castro wrote:

Or, as the economy improves, you can start looking for a job like mine. I
telecommute 100%, which makes me sort-of like a house-husband. My wife is a
stay-at-home-mom, but when she needs help loading up the twins in the car, I
come downstairs to help her. Or when she takes one out of the tub and needs
someone to watch the other, there I am. It's a pretty neat arrangement. (Who'd
have thought I'd have my dream job by age 27? :o)

-David Castro
email -at- davidcastro -dot- com
http://jsp.davidcastro.com

Fred Sampson
wfreds -at- cruzio -dot- com
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107659/

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com