RE: Getting along despite interpersonal skills

Subject: RE: Getting along despite interpersonal skills
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:33:15 -0400

> Here's a question for the group: what do you do with a
> coworker (writer) who has TERRIBLE interpersonal skills?
> This person started working with us about a year and a half
> ago. He has managed to aggravate and alienate most of the
> developers, who have always been great to work with (for

I had a boss, who after firing me for returning his XMas bonus check,
claimed to someone (who then told me) that my boss thought me a great
worker, just didn't play nice with some of his people and that he wished he
could slide my work under the door. To him, I bruised his ego by giving back
the check, and he was also being pressured by the CFO (a classic
beancounter) to get rid of me because I didn't price things according to HIS
formula...I was in sales and even though met or exceeded gross profit
margin, I may given everything except one piece away at no cost and margined
the hell out of that last piece...it played hell with his tidy spreadsheets.
:-)

Personally, I think I have great people skills...it's only to the ones who I
have no patience with that think I don't.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe he's posting a similar message about
the people he works with on another forum. Everything you post is from the
perspective of how he's perceived by others. Maybe he's perceiving the
people around HIM as a problem.

There's always two sides.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com