Re: Draft Copy Circulation - Adding to the Prologue.ps

Subject: Re: Draft Copy Circulation - Adding to the Prologue.ps
From: Doc <doc -at- vertext -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 19:18:11 -0400

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:05:26 -0400 , Archimede Ziviello
<archimede -dot- ziviello -at- cannondale -dot- com> wrote:

>I really don't favor the idea of tampering with the master pages as some
>have suggested.

So instead you're going to code a solution? Tsk, tsk!

Let me ask a simple question. Why is a watermark so important? I
personally find them irritating and distracting. I recommend putting
the "Draft - Not For Publication" Statement in the header or footer.

It's easy to change globally and does not involve messing with the
master pages.

If you are dead set on watermarks, create one as a Visio drawing (20%
gray on white) rotate the text block 90 degrees and save it as .wmf
(vector files resize well). Insert it on the master page as a graphic
in a conditional text paragraph and you can turn it on and off as
needed.

-Doc
The VerText Company
South Hamilton, MA