RE: getting info

Subject: RE: getting info
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

> When you request something and the following message
> goes out to the whole
> department from the department manager:

> John,
> I do not have the bandwith to support this request
> right now.
> We will do our best as time permits.
>
> you have to figure out other ways.

OK. I take it this info request was sent via e-mail. I
assume a different outcome (maybe no more helpful, but
certainly not as widespread) would result if you used
a phone or walked over to the person...

Also, the response was absolutely not helpful. I would
have responded to that, in person, stating that I
understand they are busy, but both work efforts do
need to move forward to complete the project, and
waiting too long will jeapordize the deliverable. I'd
then schedule something with that person in a week or
so's time, so the person could properly schedule the
time to share the needed info concerning the project.
If the person cannot make room for a half hour or an
hour a week or two out, there's something else wrong
other than this person being busy. If something else
*is* wrong, you have a different problem to deal with,
that should be handled by management with your direct involvement.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

http://calendar.yahoo.com