RE: PDF error

Subject: RE: PDF error
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:08:21 -0400

I did that yesterday...took me all day to create 6 PDFs, each with about 150
pages (depending on size of the FM files). Why do you think I'd posted the
message yesterday about having a lousy day.

They all PDF'd fine. I then opened PDF1 and used the Document -> Insert
command in Acrobat5 to bring each PDF into PDF1, placing it after the last
page of each preceding page number. Aside from taking so long, it worked
OK...

EXCEPT! The TOC, which was in the PDF1 was not able to find the pages in
PDF2-PDF6 (even though a pointy-hand was shown (the specified file xxx does
not exist). Bookmarks were fine.

Besides, I need to do this in one procedure since it takes so long, I'd like
to start it when I leave and have a finished PDF when I come in the morning.

If this is a machine specific setting, I can ask for an upgrade to ram or
disk IF that is the right solution, since this document is not going to go
away.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

> Probably ran out of buffer or other resources. Try breaking
> the document up and reassembling in Acrobat.

> From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:48:47 -0400
>

> >2 hr and 59 minutes into PDFing a 900+ page document, at
> page 846, Distiller
> >errors out with the following message:

> >%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: P79275 ]%%
> >
> >Stack:
> >--cshow--
> >/cF6
> >false