Re: Interview what Interview? (WAS: Capturing info during meeting s with SMEs)

Subject: Re: Interview what Interview? (WAS: Capturing info during meeting s with SMEs)
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:02:53 -0800

Diane Evans wrote:

I am also welcome to sit in on any meeting that involves software. Although I work in a biotech lab, there is a lot of "backdoor" development going on -- people building databases for themselves, for example, then coming to our team a few months later because they suddenly want the information tracked through the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).

Must be nice....I work in an environment where the Technical Writer is set off in a cubicle, is never invited or even welcome at meetings affecting the documentation and often finds changes to the program by chance. Is it a dream environment? Not by any means, but it pays the bills and here in Alaska, there is not much else going on, so you visit the local pub on the way home and deal with it. --

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion
Technical Writing, Publishing, Video, Web Design, Graphic Arts
Voice 907-317-3194 Fax 907-622-2321
www.geistassociates.com al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com