Re: Converting TTF fonts to ATM

Subject: Re: Converting TTF fonts to ATM
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:20:54 -0400

On 06/09/2003 4:02 PM, Rowena Hart (rowena_hart -at- yahoo -dot- com) wrote:

>In order to do this,
>we need to convert our Verdana fonts from TTF to ATM
>format. Has anyone done this?

You can download some Open Source software called PfaEdit at
<http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/>, which does a great deal more than
convert between TTF and Adobe Type 1, but which certainly has the
technology to do that task as well.

I thought that PDF allowed embedding any fonts that the printer driver
can send to it, which usually includes Adobe or TTF fonts. I'm also not
sure why you'd need Verdana to be present in Type 1 format (or any
format) for HTML output -- either the person viewing it has Verdana
installed or another font is used, which is the way HTML is supposed to
work. However, I also know nothing about your project, so I've provided
the best answer (PfaEdit) I know of...

Hope this helps,
Mike

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com