Re: templates [hellfire & brimstone]

Subject: Re: templates [hellfire & brimstone]
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:49:08 -0700

I have a slightly different take on this. Even small companies run on engines
that are fueled primarily by paperwork, and in a small company, everybody wears
multiple hats anyway, so you have an opportunity to insinuate yourself into virtually
every dept in your company, and to remind everybody just how busy you are. I would
take the requests, but broadcast on a regular basis what the turnaround time for
them is based on your workload, so that people will know that it'll take x-y weeks
for you to get to their template requests (which, of course, have to take a back seat
to your product doc projects).

Gene Kim-Eng

At 10:32 AM 6/10/2003 -0400, Brian Das wrote:

Frankly, my own problem-solving skills haven't helped me with this one -- I
get all riled up and irritated. I didn't get in to this career path to be
Tommy Template. Anyone have similar problems? Solutions?

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com