RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: "Barbara Yanez" <BarbaraYanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:37:52 -0700

Victoria

I had the same thing happen to me with of all things Driver Ed.

I grew up in a small town - only one high school in the town. All my
high school teachers had had my siblings.

When my sister came through, she had had a run-in with this driver ed
teacher - he went off on her one day and made her cry. (Long story but
suffice it to say he truly was out of line and she had done nothing). My
mom had to come to the school and the result was he had to formally
apologize to my sister in front of the Vice Principal and the Principal.

Years later, I came along. The first day of class, he saw my last name
while calling roll and asked me if I was Karen's sister, to which I
answered yes. From then on, I could not seem to get any higher than D's
- in Driver Ed of all things. (You know, watch a crash movie and write a
reaction stuff? Give me a break. ) I was almost a straight A student in
all my subjects - even ones I didn't like, but for some strange reason
in driver ed I got C's and D's. Finally my mom called him and they had a
conference after that he chilled out.

Your mom is right. There are some times people just won't like us for
things we truly don't' control.

Barbara

Barbara Yanez
Integration Group