RE: question from an ex-contractor re: executive freakouts

Subject: RE: question from an ex-contractor re: executive freakouts
From: "Cindy Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- DataMaxGroup -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:30:32 -0500

Brian Das asks:
<Is this the norm for tech writers out there? Do most software CEOs lose
control of themselves on a regular basis? Have I been working in a bubble
all these years? I thought I was a seasoned veteran of the working world,
but now I'm starting to wonder.>

Once upon a time I worked for a company where it seemed everyone was terrified of the boss. 'Zemo' (yes, real name) apparently tore poor employees to shreds at the slightest infraction, was impossible to please, and had not a shred of judgment or common sense. It was 'Zemo this' and 'Zemo that' and 'You won't believe what Zemo did'.

So, naturally, I was a little nervous when summoned to the executive end of the building to do a special project for Zemo. As it turns out, the man was a cupcake. I ended up working for him for the next year, and he was one of the best bosses ever - balanced, sane, competent. I never heard him yell at anyone or lose his cool. Somehow a firm, 'You need to do this' turned into a temper tantrum in the mind of the employee somewhere between the board room and the coffee room.

Since then, I've found most 'higher ups' were actually very nice people who deserved their positions and don't buy into the rumors.

Cindy Kight
Technical Communications Mgr.
TSW Solutions, Inc.

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com