Re: Calculated field NOT print zeroes?

Subject: Re: Calculated field NOT print zeroes?
From: Holger Gremminger <hgremminger -at- gmx -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:55:25 +0200 (MEST)

If you have Excel-functionality (insert Excel-table into the Word-doc) you
can insert the following code in the Total field:
=IF(A3="";"";A3*A2)
where A3 is the field with the Quantity and A2 the field with the Price.
It means if A3 is empty then insert nothing, otherwise insert the value of
A3*A2.

I have not tested it inserted into Word. In Excel it works.

Maybe helps.

/Holger

> I'm working with a Word doc that has calculated fields, such as an
> invoice that has Qty, Price, and a calculated Total field.
> When the calculated field would be $0.00, how can I make this NOT print,
> in other words, leave blank rather than print $0.00 ?
>
> Dennis Wilson
> Technical Writer
> Digital Theater Systems
> (818) 735-4200 x318
> www.dtsonline.com

Holger Gremminger
Translations Ger -> Swe
Vaxjo/Sweden : Hannover/Germany
http://www.gremminger.de
http://www.manual-forum.de
http://www.deutsch-schwedisch.de

mailto:holger -at- gremminger -dot- de
Tel +49-(0)511-3940545
Mobil +49-(0)175-8722961
WAP: http://welcome.to/gremminger

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com