Re: Reviewiing Process with 12 Engineers at Once

Subject: Re: Reviewiing Process with 12 Engineers at Once
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:15:14 -0400

Chris,

Whatever mechanical mode you decide on, the most important thing in this type of gathering is that YOU control the agenda.

Make it clear in your very brief introduction that you do not want to waste everyone's valuable time with spelling, punctuation, and style errors--that you will gladly accept their redlines after the meeting and review and incorporate their suggestions according to your best judgment.

The purpose of the meeting is to ensure that the engineering facts are captured correctly, organized sensibly, and rendered at the appropriate level of detail.

Then make them stick to that agenda. If someone wanders off into comma land, politely move them back on track.

Dick

"Engel, Chris" <cengel01 -at- amgen -dot- com> wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>In aprox. 1 hr, I am meeting with 12 engineers in one room to review one
>document (34 page Engineering Spec.). They'll be depending upon me to pick a
>process for reviewing.
>
>Do you have a preference for reviewing documents in this type of setting
>(i.e.,all together in one room)?

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com