RE: Reviewiing Process with 12 Engineers at Once

Subject: RE: Reviewiing Process with 12 Engineers at Once
From: "Dan Glovier" <dglovier -at- edline -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:49:17 -0500

Lynn is right on with this hint.

> In our fiction critique group, one of the up-front rules is that
copyedit
> comments are to be written on the manuscript and not discussed (unless
> they're particularly hilarious/embarrassing, or -seriously- affected
the
> reader's understanding of the text). This allows the critiquer to
focus
> their comments on whatever issues they feel are worth discussing. No
> reason
> why that same rule can't apply in this situation.

Many SMEs feel they need to actually edit the doc, and have made some
fabulously funny grammatical suggestions. Bless their little hearts for
trying...

With this caveat, the SMEs no longer feel that their role is to play
copyeditor, and we can then move on to more productive issues. Everyone
wins.

-Dan Glovier

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com