RE: # Frame Users

Subject: RE: # Frame Users
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:31:44 -0400

The trick, of course, would be finding somebody who actually
HAS an answer to that question. Both Adobe and Microsoft can
tell you how many of their respective licenses are out there,
but they can't readily tell you how many are being used by
people who consider themselves (and are considered by their
employers, one assumes... :-) to be techwriters.

I use FM by choice, Word when I must, and I keep poking at
OpenOffice.org in hopes of switching over. So far, as much
as I'm having fun with OOo, and as much as it'll be free
when I do switch, I'm staying with FM cuz it's so much more
complete, efficient, and fluid to use for my purposes... so far....

But, OOo gets improved due to user participation, every time
I turn around. I'm thinking that it won't be long before
I finally pull the plug on good ole FM.

Truth be told, I'm sure I don't use most of the power of FM,
and even less of the power of Word, so they don't need to d
uplicate the entire function set of either one in OOo.

/kevin

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com