RE: RE: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore? (long)

Subject: RE: RE: Boeing Tech Pubs going offshore? (long)
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:48:25 -0600

I am slightly more optimistic as to the potential media interest in Rick's story. I also think it's possible to present the issue in an intelligent way that will grab people's attention, without resorting to jingoism. After all, if QA has the power to choose the tech writing contractor, it might choose a British Columbian over either a Chilean or a Floridian.

Dan Goldstein

> It probably will be, but only after a fatality crash.
> Outsourcing is a hot-button issue in the press these
> days, and if there's an accident involving any part or
> process that has been outsourced, you can expect a
> flood of sensational "did outsourcing of American jobs
> kill?" news stories that will never address the question
> of whether a problem would still have existed even if the
> part or process had been 100% Made in the USA. This is
> actually more a commentary on the press than on our specific
> area of interest, but it's going to happen sooner or later.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com