RE: Self-serve interface (was RE: Personalized services (was: Boeing))

Subject: RE: Self-serve interface (was RE: Personalized services (was: Boeing))
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:12:29 -0400

Cindy, Nancy, and all.

My earlier post was hardly an example of clear communication. Let me correct this error.

I think the interface on the gas pump is just fine, even though Kevin doesn't. It is the interface on small card readers in retail stores that I find confusing.

Dick

From: "Cindy Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- DataMaxGroup -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:06:42 -0500

>MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com wrote:
>>>

>>I think the self-serve pump interface needs a complete re-work.
>
>Dick Margulis wrote:
>
>>If anyone within earshot works for a company that makes these terminals, please address this usability issue. Then you might work on getting the prompt text to have something to do with the actual button names when you get a chance. Sheesh!
>
>As it happens, our company used to be owned by Gilbarco, the largest manufacturer of gasoline pumps and CRIND(r) (Card Reader in Dispenser) devices in the world. They just sold us a few months ago, so I still know a few folks who could benefit from your input.
>
>Now if you actually work in the gas station and can't get your cash to balance or can't figure out how to place an order for more candy bars, I'm your gal. That is, if you're using our software.
>
>Cindy Kight
>Technical Communications Mgr.
>TSW Solutions, Inc.

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com