Re: For the Contractors: Are Google AdWords worth it?

Subject: Re: For the Contractors: Are Google AdWords worth it?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:38:53 -0700

Darren Barefoot wrote:

Hi,
I'm evaluating various online strategies to promote my new contracting
business, and am considering Google AdWords. I've used them before for
clients--and some ads did generate 4 - 5% clickthroughs (very good in
the advertising world). However, I was wondering if anybody had any
comments on how AdWords had work for them in a small business context.
Have you actually gotten any clients this way?

I've never used this form of advertising for myself. However, my guess is that it is yesterday's method of advertising. I've used it for clients off and on for a couple of years, but now I only suggest it if the company is truly unique. The few times that a client has insisted on using it anyway, the results have been much less satisfying than they were two or three years ago.

My feeling is that, with the way that spam has increased in the last year, the average Internet user has developed an immunity to on-line advertising of all sorts.

But, naturally, I could be wrong.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Dipping into dustbins, scrambling for a smear,
Sniffing out a scandal: could the fellow be a queer?
Do not be disheartened by what you cannot find,
Embroider or invent if you're inclined."
- Leon Rosselson, "Song of the Free Press"

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com