Re: Case Study

Subject: Re: Case Study
From: "Brian Das" <brian_das -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:14:16 +0000

What matters was that another round of savage-the-newcomer was being played. Okay?

--

Bravo! Crankiness abounds on this list, and it's a far bigger time-waster than the occassional fresh face who needs an idea or two. Siifting through 31,000 google hits, instead of politely asking a group of experts for a recommendation? That's foolishness!

Rayna, don't stop asking questions on this list, no matter how many cranky replies show up. It's a great place to get help with research, and asking questions like the one you asked breaks no rules of this list, either written or implied.

Hey, you know what would be a really good tech writing case study? Find a cheerful, successful tech writing team and write about their workflow, their team dynamic and their individual careers. Then post your conclusions on this list, watch them get chewed apart like so much chum in a shark pool, and submit the thread of replies as an addendum to your case study. It'll be a riot!

What matters was that another round of savage-the-newcomer was being played. Okay?

--

Bravo! I agree, Bruce. Crankiness abounds on this list, and it's a far bigger time-waster than the occassional newbie who wants an idea or two to get started on. I learn a lot on this list, and I hope I sometimes have something to teach. And if John or Bonnie or Goober (yes, I'll name names)

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com