Re: interviewing "under the hood"

Subject: Re: interviewing "under the hood"
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:09:00 -0400

dan_roberts -at- adp -dot- com asks:

>I'm sure there would be some hesitation for a candidate to do this -
>intellectual property rights, the risk that I might see a particularly
>cool way of handling code or solving a problem that could allow me to
>solve some of our problems, w/o hiring the candidate. OTOH, seeing clean,
>elegant code could make me even *more* likely to hire the candidate.
>
>So, I'm curious to know how the list would respond to a request like this.
>Comments?

I think just asking the question hypothetically and noting the candidate's reaction will give you all the information you need.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com