RE: Career paths for technical writers

Subject: RE: Career paths for technical writers
From: France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:40:33 -0400

Well, in my previous tech writer's job, I have done some work as a business analyst. As a BA, you get to define features instead of just writing about them.

To be good at it you need to understand the market and clients' needs and you need to understand the work involved for developers. You do not necessarily need to know how to code, but you must understand the product's architecture.

BAs usually have a technical and/or business background.

Training is also an interesting avenue.

France Baril
Rédactrice Technique / Technical Writer
IXIASOFT
(514) 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com