Re: Interviewing "under the hood"?

Subject: Re: Interviewing "under the hood"?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:47:34 -0700 (PDT)

Understood.

But, my way I need $2205 worth of software and one
technical writer. No need for a dba or programmer,
etc.

But, my deliverables are small--1200-page printed
books, maybe 1500-topic help files both times two or
three for each project. For 12,000 and 15,000, I'd not
have gone this route for sure.

Cheers,

Sean

--- David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com> wrote:
coming from. If you
> are writing a new
> user guide, tutorial, or similar document and you
> already know
> FrameMaker, it's certainly going to be easier to
> start in FrameMaker and
> generate print and XML from there. On the other
> hand, if you're
> publishing content that lives in a database (or
> other content
> repository) or can be generated from an automated
> process, it may be
> much easier to start with XML and bring it into
> FrameMaker for
> "rendering." Really, once you have all the
> components in place (EDD,
> DTD, r/w rules, etc.), it's almost a
> 6-of-1/half-dozen-of-another question.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com