Re: Portfolios

Subject: Re: Portfolios
From: "Stephen Arrants" <stephen -dot- arrants -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:29:46 -0700

"Goober Writer" <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> writes:
> Very true. And on the flip side, I have no garantee
> that you were the one who created these documents, and
> for all I know, you studied up just enough to talk up
> the samples you provided. So, until you can prove your
> abilities outside the shell of your portfolio, it's
> all just smoke and mirrors.

Has anyone else had the unpleasant experience of introducing a piece from
your portfolio only to have the interviewer say that she's seen the same
sample earlier from another applicant? How did you handle that?

steve arrants

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com