RE: Think outside the box - Re: A suspected can of worms

Subject: RE: Think outside the box - Re: A suspected can of worms
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:41:31 -0700 (PDT)

------ Ted wrote:

" I don't believe that as technical communicators we
are required to know all about the area we want to
work."

------

Ted, below are position descriptions for 3 open
Technical Writer positions in So. California.

1. Company XYZ has an opening for a Technical Writer

Position Description:
Seeking a PhD level scientist with a background in
Immunology or Protein research and a strong
publication history. Will develop and compose
scientific literature such as company catalog,
literature on company's research and technology, as
well as scientific journal articles, etc. Position
will require strong understanding of Immunology and
Antibody research. Will be writing from scratch, not
just reworking or editing prior documentation and will
involve substantial background research in scientific
journals etc.

2. Company ABC has an opening for Senior Technical
Writer

Position Description:
The senior technical writer needs to have experience
with Crystal Reports 9.0, Oracle 8i, and Pl/SQL.

3. Company 123 has an opening for Technical Writer

Position Description:
Successful candidate will have at least three years
experience preparing and developing regulatory and
clinical documents. Bachelors Degree preferably in the
medical/scientific field is required. Perfect
candidate must have experience not only writing IND's
but writing multiple sections of IND's. Which means
strong scientific experience and strong knowledge of
clinical. Prefer someone to have experience with Phase
2b/3.

Unless the rest of the country is different, the days
of the "plain old vanilla" Technical
Writer/Communicator are numbered. Companies now want a
TW who is also a SME. They want more "bang for their
buck" - especially in this economy.

DaLy

PS: I have not seen a "plain old vanilla" Technical
Writer/Communicator position advertised here since the
dot com bubble burst.

=====
"Rarely is the question asked...Is our children learning?"
---President George W. Bush

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com