Robo X3 Dynamic Drop Downs

Subject: Robo X3 Dynamic Drop Downs
From: "Rowles, Carol" <crowles -at- fnis -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:15:41 -0400

I'll try to explain this. I have many topics that have dynamic
drop-downs used for steps, additional information, etc. Whenever these
topics are called from other topics as auto sizing pop-ups, unless these
topics are large enough that they require a scroll bar, the dynamic
drop-downs on these topics don't fit because they, in turn, have no
scroll bars. If these topics are called as regular jumps, this is not an
issue. I have 26 projects with hundreds of dynamic drop-downs. Is there
a way to ensure that when a topic is called as an autosizing pop-up it
will include a scroll bar, regardless of its length? Is this something I
have to live with because the dynamic drop-downs do work when the topic
is called regularly or from the TOC? Or, do I have to go through every
topic that contains a dynamic drop-down, see if it is long enough that
it will have a scroll bar and if it is not, change the call to call it
as a regular jump?

Carol S. Rowles
Paralegal/Technical Writer

Fidelity National Information Solutions, Inc.,
FNIS Empower Division
50 S. Water Avenue
Sharon, PA 16146
724-981-5087
Fax: 724-981-5092
crowles -at- fnis -dot- com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com