RE: A suspected can of worms

Subject: RE: A suspected can of worms
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:35:49 -0400

> respected schools have it elsewhere. No one disputes the
> quality of the Tech
> Com program at RPI, but it's been in the
> Language/Literature/Humanities
> department there since its inception in 1924.

Wouldn't you agree that the whole school is oriented toward technical rather
than literary?

First paragraph from their home page:

"It's academic at Rensselaer to think like a scientist, do like an
entrepreneur, create like an engineer, and turn an idea into a product that
will change people's lives. Read how our students, faculty, and alumni are
teaming up to change the world."

I put forth the premise that by having TechCom under engineering, you
attract a certain category of student...ones who think along a certain line,
and that line most condusive to technical communications.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com