Links and attachments continued

Subject: Links and attachments continued
From: ilana -at- mel -dot- kesoftware -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:40:52 -0600

I have been asked to explain more about how our links work so that you can
come up with the correct terminology.
Each module has a number of fields that can reference/link to/connect to
one or more records in another module. The user presses a button which
opens the "linked" module, searches for the correct records and then
presses an Add buton in the "linked module". Then a link/connection is
made and a brief summary/title of the record is pasted into the "linking"
field in the source module.

I need the correct terminology to describe:
1. The "source" module in which the link/connection is made.
2. The field in the source module in which the data from the
linked/connected/referenced records are pasted.
3. The "target" module from which the records are linked/referenced.
The correct direction of the linking/connecting/referencing needs to be
clear to the user
4. A term that describes how the connection is made that also implies the
direction of the linking, ie. the source module attaches to the target
module, the target module ???attaches back to the source module.

The concept of how the linking works is quite important for the user to
understand. The record that is linked/referenced can only be edited and
saved when open in its own module. Any changes are automatically updated
in any "linked" records.
Thanks for your help.
Ilana Cohney
KE Software

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com