Using Acrobat 4 with Word

Subject: Using Acrobat 4 with Word
From: ICorrino -at- cs -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:19:42 -0400

Hi,

I'm uses Acrobat 4 to convert a Word document to pdf. Unfortunately, I'm not getting an "Acrobat" menu on my Word toolbar. (I don't mean that little icon that you can use to open an Acrobat PDFMaker window -- I do get that. I mean the full "Acrobat" menu. It shows up as a word on the toolbar. That is, when you're in a Word document, it looks just like Word's "Edit" or "Tools" menu and, just like those menus, you can click on it and you get a whole bunch of sub-menus and nifty options. These nifty options are not available in the Acrobat PDFMaker window.)

Anyway, I've seen this menu when working in Word on computers that have later versions of Acrobat installed. But I'm not getting it with my computer, which only has Acrobat 4. Does anyone know whether it's supposed to show up if you're using Acrobat 4? If not, how are you supposed to set preferences for choosing characters such as whether bookmarks will display automatically in your pdf?

I did try re-installing Word to see whether that would help -- I thought maybe it would now recognize that I had Acrobat installed and give me that menu. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Can anyone help?

thanks a lot, Irulan

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com