RE: Okay all you independent contractors: hit the bricks with THI S

Subject: RE: Okay all you independent contractors: hit the bricks with THI S
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:28:06 -0400

> From: jenny_berger -at- fairfieldresidential -dot- com

> Hmmm....so are you saying that management consulting firms
> should hire
> more tech writers, or are you saying that more tech writers should
> transform themselves into management consultants who can write?
>
> Stands to reason, the latter.....we all like to b**ch and moan about
> what's wrong with companies today (our employers and others).
> Perhaps we
> would do well to put our money where our spleen is and do
> something about
> it -- help them improve, get paid, and show them what real
> writing looks
> like.
>
> Sounds like a revolution to me ;-)

"Dear Businessperson,

Having shelled out $495 for a rough draft, you have helped to
ensure that the supplier sees no need to improve their publishing
standards.
Have you asked yourself if their standards of data-gathering,
fact-checking, and conclusion-drawing are of similar quality
to the writing, editing and presentation? Did they bring equal
care and pride to all aspects of the product that they sold to you?
On a scale of one to ten (one being lowest) how confident are you
that you got full value for your money?

Surveyor-to-the-Stars, Inc.
A subsidiary of Obsessive Techwriting Conglomerate"

/kevin

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com