Re: Okay all you independent contractors: hit the bricks with THIS

Subject: Re: Okay all you independent contractors: hit the bricks with THIS
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:15:43 -0400

I'm saying that TWs looking for jobs should do whatever they have to so that they can stride confidently into the office of the managing partner of a management consulting company and make the business case for employing (or contracting with) said TWs. If they can then parlay that into joining the firm as a consultant, woo-hoo!

From: jenny_berger -at- fairfieldresidential -dot- com
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:38:44 -0500

>Hmmm....so are you saying that management consulting firms should hire
>more tech writers, or are you saying that more tech writers should
>transform themselves into management consultants who can write?
>
>Stands to reason, the latter.....we all like to b**ch and moan about
>what's wrong with companies today (our employers and others). Perhaps we
>would do well to put our money where our spleen is and do something about
>it -- help them improve, get paid, and show them what real writing looks
>like.
>
>Sounds like a revolution to me ;-)

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com