Re: solo writer--how do you keep up, etc?

Subject: Re: solo writer--how do you keep up, etc?
From: "Lisa Bronson" <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:01:35 -0500

I'm not a lone writer, but I have found a free way to keep increasing my
knowledge while training budgets are tight. I search the Internet for
tutorials on subjects that interest me (currently PLC programming). Then,
when I have a little time, I read them and work through examples. Opening
drawings in our 3D CAD software can take a couple of minutes, so while I'm
waiting, I read from a tutorial. I also use time at the end of the day or
before lunch, those 10-15 minutes I get when I've completed a project (or
portion thereof), and there's not enough time to start something else.

Lisa B.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
Lisa Bronson
Associate Technical Writer
Evergreen Packaging Equipment
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319-399-3239
~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

"They say the seeds of what we will do are in all of us, but it always
seemed to me that in those who make jokes in life the seeds are covered
with better soil and with a higher grade of manure." -- Ernest Hemingway

|---------+---------------------------------------->
| | "Sean Brierley" |
| | <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com> |
| | Sent by: |
| | bounce-techwr-l-121129 -at- lists -dot- |
| | raycomm.com |
| | |
| | |
| | 07/09/2003 09:49 AM |
| | Please respond to "Sean |
| | Brierley" |
| | |
|---------+---------------------------------------->
| |
| To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com> |
| cc: (bcc: Lisa Bronson/Beverage Packaging/IPAPER) |
| Subject: solo writer--how do you keep up, etc? |

Those of you in smaller shops, or lone writers, how do
you keep current with the tech writing industry?

How do you advance your skills and also your career,
especially in this time of reduced (or absent)
training budgets?

Cheers,

Sean

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com