Re: Thinking Strategically about Documentation

Subject: Re: Thinking Strategically about Documentation
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:10:58 -0700 (PDT)

Well,

I'd think about a) improvements that benefit the
end-user and b) improvements that benefit you.

For one example, could you use a file- or
database-based single-sourcing workflow to take the
onus off formatting and focus on content and
intelligent reuse of content?

Perhaps you want to use a tool that takes the c-s help
chores off programmers and puts them on the technical
writers?

Etc.

Cheers,

Sean

--- Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com> wrote:

> I have been challenged to "think strategically"
> about documentation.
> This year, I'm invited to participate in our
> company's Long Range
> Planning. This means a presentation about my area
> and where it could or
> should be three years from now.
>
> What would you focus on? What would you want to say?

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com