Re: ADMIN: Civility and content

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Civility and content
From: Michael West <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:26:21 +1000

> * Continue as we are.
> Might as well pull the plug now, 'cause there'd be no
> list worth having in another 6-12 months. I don't
> see that as acceptable either.
>
> If you have comments or ideas, I'd welcome them.

Unless there's a lot going on that I don't see,
I don't think there's a problem. There's a lot
of good stuff on the list, and maybe also a lot
of dross -- but I don't think it's asking too much
for people to sort through it for themselves.

I hope you don't "pull the plug," but I certainly
acknowledge your right to do so if you no longer feel
it worth the effort of maintaining it.

I'm not sure it's reasonable to demand that
people compose their articles saying "the same thing
in the same way" as they would in face-to-face
communication. The two modes of communication
are quite different. In fact, posts that have been
just sort of blurted out without due care or editing are
not likely to be worth reading at all.

But all in all, I think its's an excellent resource in its
current form.

--
Mike West
Melbourne, Australia

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com