RE: ADMIN: Civility and content

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Civility and content
From: "Suzette" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:32:09 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I'm coming into this thread a bit late. I agree there is a problem though,
one that has resulted in me reading the list less and less.

I don't necessarily like the idea of subject tags, but if that's what it
takes at least it makes one thing of what they are posting before hitting
the Send button.

It seems to be the best idea would be one that means more work (initially)
for Eric and Deborah. When someone is out of line, give them one warning. If
it happens a second time, ban them from posting for a month. If it happens a
third time, boot them.

When someone knows up front what will happen, they may think twice about
what they are posting. At the very least, eventually all the troublemakers
would be weeded out.

It's ridiculous that a group of professionals needs to be policed to make sure we behave. There should be some acceptance of our differences, and a focus on our common goals.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com