I'm back

Subject: I'm back
From: "Brautigam, Curtis" <cubrautiga -at- state -dot- pa -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:19:41 -0400

After about a nine-month hiatus, I have decided to resubscribe to the
after I decided to take on a job as a statistician with the Pennsylvania
Department of Labor and Industry. I had been laid off from my technical
writing position at Nursery Supplies, a manufacturer of horticultural
containers in South Central PA on March 2002. After a three-month job
search, I landed a contract-to-hire position with Aerotek Engineering on the
site of Ingersoll-Rand writing service manuals for their road compaction
equipment. I decided to take on the state job largely out of fears about my
job security--the company was not doing all that great by the fall of 2002,
and it was laying off people all around me except the technical publications
department. I did not want to remain in the contract status for long, and
with business not doing too well, I was possibly looking at a long stint in
contract status.

After a few months in my new job, I volunteered for a number of projects
that involve technical writing, so that I can be able to keep up with the
technical writing skills that I gained over the past 5 years. I was really
excited about that, and for that reason, I decided to rejoin the list. My
job is mainly keeping employment and wage statistics for my assigned area of
PA, but,as I mentioned before, I also do technical writing. It's great to be
back on TECHWR-L.

Chaim Brautigam
PA Department of Labor and Industry
Harrisburg, PA.

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com