Re: Delivering the Goods

Subject: Re: Delivering the Goods
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kevin Moulton <kevinmoulton -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> My question is, should I deliver my draft simply in
> Word format, which is what I wrote in, or in some
> format which is protected from editing. My thinking
> is to allow them to review the document in, say, PDF
> format, while I keep the editable version as
> protection until I receive payment. If I turn over my
> editable docs, then I lose any leverage.

I don't know what your contract calls for by way of deliverables, so it
is hard to advise you on that score. Just because you think/fear/expect
them to be a slow pay doesn't necessarily allow you to take pre-emptive
action. If your contract calls for you to deliverable your editable
files, then you could be considered in breach if you don't do so.

Potential bad faith on their part, or even a reputation for slow
payment, does not permit you to show bad faith. Diplomacy has been
suggested by others as the best first way to approach these situations.
I agree with that. I would always suggest diplomacy before war and
reserve war for your last resort.

=====
Tom Murrell
--Don't argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference. (Anonymous)--
@ mailto:trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com
@ http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/
@ Last Updated 05/26/2003

http://sbc.yahoo.com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com