RE: The saga ended (or is it continuing? (was Re: A sticky contractor situation: no pay yet?)

Subject: RE: The saga ended (or is it continuing? (was Re: A sticky contractor situation: no pay yet?)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 17:50:30 GMT

Don't do it. Just return the envelope, thank him for
cutting the second check and let it go. If you work
for him again in the future, include a self-addressed
envelope to aid in correct mailing, or just arrange to
pick up your checks in person. If you absolutely can't
resist the urge to comment, make sure you frame it in a
"no wonder it took so long" conversation that puts all
the blame on the Postal Service. But your best bet is
to say nothing if you hope to work for him (or anyone
on the face of the Earth he might conceivably know; it's
a smaller world than you might think) again.

Gene Kim-Eng