RE: User authentication and tracking

Subject: RE: User authentication and tracking
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:25:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi darren,

We use RT (Request Tracker). It is free and works for
us. It is cross-platform, written in Perl and easy to
customize. The URL is:
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

HTH,

DaLy

--- Darren Barefoot wrote:

I've got a client who wants to add user authentication
and tracking to an existing Web site. In theory, the
user just signs on once and then gains access to
downloadables (white papers, products, etc). However,
we want to be able to track which users do what in
terms of activity.

I guess that there are plenty of content management
solutions that do this, but I was hoping for something
cheap and lightweight. I'd prefer not to install a CMS
and then only use 5% of it. All of this has to
happen 'behind the scenes' without implementing a
whole new front-end. I've been looking at systems like
PHPNuke, but they seem too robust for my needs. Any
suggestions?

=====
"Rarely is the question asked...Is our children learning?"
---President George W. Bush

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com