RE: environment

Subject: RE: environment
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:25:22 -0600

Bill wrote:

> I don't mind being in the cube farm, as long as they don't put me in a =
> veal pen (that is, one of those tiny cubes in which you can barely turn =
> around without smashing an elbow or knee into something--seem to be =
> geared toward keeping you fat and tender).

LOL - well put! I've been in similar "stalls" and hated it.

Now, I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. I have a door, but no
ceiling, so I have the illusion of privacy without the audio insulation. I
find myself longing for a "real" office whenever I get an inopportune but
apparently urgent phone call from my teenage daughter, and have to try to
discreetly discuss with her which areas of her body I'll allow her to have
pierced.

But I'll grudgingly agree that overhearing nearby conversations (about
business, not piercing) is a great way to stay in the loop, which is an
advantage I'd sacrifice if I *did* have an actual office.

So I guess I'd find something to complain about either way...

Keith Cronin

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com