Re: Creating a Master Doc in Word

Subject: Re: Creating a Master Doc in Word
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:49:55 -0700

eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com wrote:

I think a very important part to the old cliche is often omitted and
forgotten.
Thanks for the perspective. I'd never given the cliche much thought before. However, the point that people often made their own tools gives the cliche a new twist, doesn't it? If the tools were crafted by the user, or at least made to the user's specifications, then by blaming the tool, the user would be blaming him or herself.

But that brings up another point: as you say, only Microsoft has a say in how MS Word is built. By contrast, anyone can get involved with OpenOffice. Since I have, in a very minor way, does that mean that I can't blame OpenOffice if I have trouble doing something in it? ;->

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Come a nightmare, you can always stay awake,
Come depression, you could get another break,
Come love, nothing can be done."
-Lew Brown, Sammy Stept, and Charles Tobias

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com