Re: How nosy are you?

Subject: Re: How nosy are you?
From: "Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN" <christine -dot- a -dot- anameier -at- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:49:16 -0500

I tend to read things around me without even realizing I'm reading. A
few weeks back, I was standing over the printer, waiting for a document
to print. My eye landed on a change request somebody had left on the
printer--it specified some text to appear in a web application.

There was a typo in it.

(Actually, a misplaced apostrophe, which could have been either a typo
or a punctuation error.)

I went back to my desk and pondered. Walked back to the printer. Still
there. Knew whose doc it was, but she wasn't at her desk. Went and stuck
a Post-It on the page to point out the typo. Thought better of it; went
back and retrieved the Post-It. Finally I spotted the person and dropped
by her cube, sheepishly told her I'd inadvertently proofread her
document, and suggested she move the apostrophe...

So-- I don't go looking for stuff, but I tend to read it without
thinking, and then I can't seem to keep my mouth shut about it. :)

As for cube vs. office... now and then I overhear useful stuff, but far
more often, I'm distracted and annoyed by the noise. I wind up wearing
headphones a lot.

Christine

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com