Re: Effective Arguments for Unique Control Names...?

Subject: Re: Effective Arguments for Unique Control Names...?
From: dan_roberts -at- adp -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:14:48 -0600

As always, it depends.

If, as another responder suggested, the engineers too 2 controls w/
different functionality and gave them the same name, you've got a problem.

OTOH, if the same control functionality is simply applied in 2 different
places, then I'd argue that the control *should* be named the same. What
I'm impagining is that the engineers put a little popup calendar widget
beside a "Start Date" and "End Date" fields. Why would you want to have
different names - Start Date Calendar, and End Date Calendar. The user
should b

So, imho, if the former is the case, you're quite right to raise the
issue. If the latter is the case, i wouldn't think there's an issue to
raise.