RE: Indexing style refs

Subject: RE: Indexing style refs
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "'dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com'" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:22:43 -0400

Let me give you an example of why I vote for quality vs quantity.

I'm working on something that might take advantage of the Voting capability
of Outlook 2000.

So, I clicked Help -> Microsoft Outlook Help and in the Index -> Type
keywords, I entered "vote". Do you know that it doesn't even show up?
BTW...neither does poll, opinion,

We're talking about 10 synonyms possibly being too skimpy and we can't even
include the primary term?

Sat what you will about MS...I have a hard time believing that they don't
use professional indexers.

John Posada
Special Projects
Senior Technical Writer